Monday, April 11, 2005

happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Bryan,
Happy birthday to you!

I'd like to send out a special birthday greeting to a unique individual. The first year I knew Bryan, we celebrated his birthday by successfully annoying our entire class by playing his Bad Religion CD during our lab. We may have lost a few friends that day, but we had a good time anyway.

Some other happy memories with Bryan include the time we went camping at San Rafael Swells, and he pretended to be asleep the entire drive so that he could eavesdrop on the conversation taking place in the front seat. And when, on this same camping trip, we failed to bring sufficient fluids, and had to filter water from a small pool while we pretended not to notice all of the dead fishies floating around. Then there was the time that he honestly believed he had time to go climbing, take a video of it, shower, and change in the hour and a half between our friends' wedding ceremony and luncheon. I also still laugh whenever I think of the day he asked our fluids professor, in all seriousness, if he was teaching us a bunch of lies, or if this stuff was "for real". And I will never forget the day that I threw up repeatedly, forcing me to leave our flexibility class early, and he thanked me for getting sick because it gave him the opportunity to hit on the really hot girl he'd had his eye on for a while.

I especially am thankful to Bryan for allowing me to laugh at him the numerous times he hit on women who turned out to be married. Nobody can handle that situation quite as gracefully as he. And also for forgetting to tell his roommates that he had invited everyone over for breakfast, so that I could find them standing half-naked in the living room when I showed up. That was a wonderful moment for me. Finally, I'd like to thank him for driving me up to my aunt Cindy's house two years ago, so that Cindy could tell my grandma that she met one of my friends, which could then be translated into "I met Brittany's fiance." This was rather amusing for everyone involved.

Happy Birthay, Bryan! You really are something else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brittany!!!
I almost forgot about half of those times. Two memories are better than one. I didn't know I was ever confused to be your fiance? What an honor. And for hitting on married girls... well... thanks for understanding. And I appologize about my half naked roommate to greet you.
~Bryan

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Where to get a prescription for adderall Paxil liquid tenuate successful testimonial Co family insurance life Wedding invitations online proofs zoloft online Blood pressure records keeping forms Ornamental hurricane washers mickey adams attorney louisville Payment tech merchant services columbus grossman law offices yasmine side effects message board car insurance price Dance prop periodicals ice cream machine hints neopets

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »