Dear Poodle's mom,
Thank you so much for the marshmallow clown. And the caramel apples. (Both of them. I ate another while Poodle was at work today. Oh, the joys of unemployment!)
Since you were here, Poodle was on her best behavior and did not even yell at me for eating her food without asking. You really are the best.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Dear Poodle's mom,
Posted by poodle at 3:02 PM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
It is spirit week at our school. I love spirit week. Except for the fact that kids think that:
spirit week + work = a super mean teacher (that would be me)
They might be right, and I'm kind of okay with that. Just to show the kids that I'm not all 100% mean I have been participating in the spirit week festivities. Yesterday I came to school wearing head to toe blue and gold with a blue and gold flower on my head. Bullis Pride.
Tomorrow I am dressing up as a punk rocker.
Friday I am wearing jeans because, let's face it, I only have so much school spirit.
Posted by poodle at 2:40 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
So sometimes it's kind of frustrating when I'm mad at my students and then they go and make me laugh.
Like today, when my last class of the day had packed up their bags and stopped listening ten minutes early. And, sensing my frustration, Jake said: "Wow, Ms. Reed. TGIW."
So dumb. Yet so funny.
Posted by poodle at 8:54 PM
Monday, October 06, 2008
1. Link to person who has tagged you: Erica
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
1. (Stolen from Erica) I don't let people in very easily but once I do you are going to have a hard time getting rid of me because I become very attached. I think I would have used this one whether or not Erica had, so that probably means she stole it from me.
2. I really love being a grown-up. I don't always feel like a grown-up, but it's still pretty fun. Life gets better every year.
3. I love telling stories to my students. Sometimes I embellish. It's way more interesting that way.
4. I really want to see The Changeling. Really. Maybe there's a book I can read instead.
5. I am totally not at all good at pretending I don't have favorite students. Although the secret to being my favorite student is just being nice. And a little brown-nosing never hurt anyone.
6. I love Edamame. It's my favorite thing to buy at the Korean market. I could probably eat it all day every day. With some sushi, of course.
I tag: Bexie, Mom the Bomb, and Shady
Posted by poodle at 4:07 PM
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Not much happened this weekend, because i'm saving all of my fun for next weekend, when I get four days in a row of no work and all fun. Awesome. Jewish holidays are great!
Friday night, Rochelle and I went out to dinner down in Bethesda, and stopped at a department store where I found some mascara that does not smudge. It's magical. I even slept with it on (because I was too tired to take it off) and when I woke up in the morning, it still wasn't smudged! I'm hooked. The woman also gave me free samples of Armani bronzer (fantastic) and some sort of hair smoothing product that better be fabulous considering they charge $95/bottle. I'll let you know how it is.
Saturday morning we played flag football (fun, even though I'm terrible) then watched conference and ate the cake Rochelle made. Sunday morning, I ate the French Toast Rochelle made, watched more conference, and made another batch of Lemon Buttermilk sherbet. Ahhh....
Now I'm ready for my glorious three-day work week.
Posted by poodle at 7:59 PM