Where did you go?
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
because it's been a while.
1. Swim team is officially over. I got thrown in the pool. Twice. I was ready for the first one and wore my swimsuit. I was not prepared the second time. All I can say is, it's a really good thing the other coach brought me some clothes to change into. Really. If I had to drive the bus home in 20 degree weather in soaking wet clothes, somebody would have died.
2. Track season starts Tuesday. I bought myself a new pair of pants to wear to practices. They're awesome. I'm actually a little excited about track.
3. Today was our first monthly Iron Chef: Connecticut Ave competition. Everyone made a different dish that somehow incorporated strawberries and we all voted on the winner. The meal was surprisingly delicious. Katelyn won with her apple/cheese quesadillas with strawberry dipping sauce. So good.
4. Ryan came over and offered to carry my strawberries and banana concoction to the dinner. Then he claimed it as his own. Charming.
5. I bought a plane ticket to visit Ashley in Dallas. It's going to be awesome.
6. I'm going to see the Peking acrobats on Friday. We have great seats.
Posted by poodle at 6:41 PM
Monday, February 09, 2009
So, good news. This is our last week of swim practice.
Posted by poodle at 5:43 PM
Sunday, February 08, 2009
It's official. I've crossed over to the dark side, and have officially followed a vegan diet for two whole days. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Claire has all kinds of vegan recipes that she's sharing with me, and we're checking out the vegan bakery next week.
First up: vegan chili. It's cold here, I love chili, and it's easy. I'm easing myself into the whole vegan cooking thing. I think this is going to be fun.
Posted by poodle at 6:52 PM
Thursday, February 05, 2009
So this weekend is going to be super awesome. I can't wait. Let me tell you about it.
Tonight, I get to stay at work until 9 pm to watch our school's winter musical.
Tomorrow, I get to go to a swim meet until 9 pm.
Saturday, I get to wake up at 5 am for another swim meet. (Yay!) The meet will last until about 2 pm, after which I will head over to my student's house for a team luncheon. After which we will head back to the pool for more swim meet.
I'm practically giddy with excitement.
Posted by poodle at 2:13 PM
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
I have a sad story for you. But this sad story just might have a happy ending.
Posted by poodle at 5:19 AM