I'm back, and still recovering.
I go back to work on Monday, and couldn't be more excited.
Rome is unbelievable. If you get a chance, go. Paris is totally lame compared to Rome.
I'll be back with stories on Monday.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
The new school year starts in just one month.
Today, I got my new schedule. This is going to be a great year for several reasons:
- My largest class has 12 students. What a dream!
- The one student that I absolutely did NOT want to teach this year decided to drop my class. I usually love my students, but hey, I'm only human.
- I talked to my boss and convinced her that it would be a really bad idea to make me coach track next year. That was quite possibly the most liberating conversation I have ever had.
- One of my classes consists of my 12 favorite, hardest-working students from last year. I'm pretty sure they're already my favorite class.
- I get to teach freshmen this year!! They're adorable.
Posted by poodle at 10:50 AM
Monday, August 10, 2009
That's the number of days until I leave for Dubai. The reasons I am excited are listed below, in order of importance:
1. I get to see Ashley. Who in their right mind would not be excited about that?
2. I get to see Phil.
3. I get to go on a desert safari on which I will ride a camel. And ski down the sand dunes. And eat good food. And ride a four-wheeler over the sand dunes. And take pictures with my new, indestructible camera.
4. The shark waterpark.
5. I just bought 5 new books to read on the airplane.
Numbers 2-5 are all pretty close, but the #1 reason I'm excited about Dubai is that Ashley will be there. Everything is more fun that way.
Posted by poodle at 2:21 PM