Wednesday, March 02, 2005

i'm mexican

Well, only half-Mexican, actually. Or, I guess I should say that my family is half-Mexican. My mom's American, my dad's Mexican, so, you know, half of their children should be Mexican. It only makes sense, right? Right? I mean, isn't that how genetics works?

This is all according to my dad, anyway. Half of his children speak spanish, so, you know, they must be the ones who inherited the Latin blood. The rest of us just take after our mom. But he loves us anyway. (That's sweet of him, isn't it?) And he's been known to say (on more than one occasion) Well, since I'm from Mexico....

Really? Midvale, Utah is in Mexico? Because, you know, last I checked....

Well, what I MEANT was...


Oh. Now I'm interested. How are you going to explain this one, Dad?

Now, in his defense, he does spend seventy percent of his time in Mexico, and has grown quite accustomed to the Latin influence. (Meaning, he gets have a maid and sleep in on weekdays.) But really, his idea of "let's party!" is just not quite the same as your average Mexican's. And I just don't see him dancing on a beach with topless women. He's my DAD. Seriously. But we let him believe. Because, if you just believe in yourself, you can do anything. Even become a Mexican. Right?

No comments: