Friday, March 04, 2005

happy birthday, old man

Yes, that's right. Today my dad turns 51. Fifty-one. Although people usually guess that he's about 70. Which he absolutely loves. Because he's in really great shape for a seventy-year-old man. Never mind the fact that he's only 51. People think he's seventy, so he can amaze them all when he runs 10K's or bikes his favorite 100-mile race. Plenty of 51-year-old men can do that. But seventy? Now, that's pretty impressive.

But, all joking aside, I really love my dad. He's taking Monday off of work, just to hang out with me. Me! That's an entire day away from Mexico, to spend time with his very American daughter. Now, if that's not love, I don't know what is. He'll take me to the batting cages, even play Dance Dance Revolution with me, will wait patiently in the car when my mom and I run in to check out the latest Ann Taylor sale. And he'll only roll his eyes a little bit when my mom sends me back out to the car to ask if we can please borrow his credit card. Dad, you truly amaze me. Thanks, old man.