Friday, August 12, 2005

some book reviews

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: D I couldn't finish it. BO-ring. The point of the book seemed to be to let us know how brilliant the author thought himself to be and explain why he's the only person who really understands anything. Get real.

A Separate Peace: A Beautifully written. It will keep your attention and Knowles does a fantastic job of portraying the thoughts and emotions of the main character. Read it.

Dandelion Wine: A- A book portraying the changes taking place one summer in a young boy's life. While its purpose is accomplished well, and the writing is great, the story can be disjointed at times.

A Tale of Two Cities A Brilliant story, very well written. However, if you don't like descriptive authors, this may not be for you.

Patron Saint of Liars B- While the book kept my attention and I enjoy Patchett's writing style, the storyline bothered me. I was never able to relate or even sympathize with the main character, and therefore felt very detached from the book instead of absorbed in it.

2 comments:

poodle said...

what?

Katie said...

I couldn't get through Zen and the Art either. It was just too long.

Tale of Two Cities is my favorite book. I cry at the end every time. It's just such a beautiful description of love.