Tuesday, August 16, 2005

back to school

It turns out that you learn lots of things as a teacher, too. Like how four-inch heels get really uncomfortable if you're standing in front of a class all day. And how going to bed at 1:30 and waking up at 5:00 every single morning with no break during the day gets tiring and spending any amount of time with the one friend I've made means I'll probably only be getting 2 hours of sleep instead of my usual 4.

I have also learned the fine art of pretending I'm tough and totally know what's going on. And by seventh period, I have perfected that art. And that freshmen (at least for the first week of school) have not yet developed the I'm too good for this just tell me what I'm going to need to know for the test attitude that the upperclassmen all seem to have, making them absolutely delightful to teach. I love freshmen.

And my job is pretty fun. Just so you know.

2 comments:

SRA said...

I'd fall and break my neck wearing 3-inchers, let alone anything higher than that. Get some shoes that won't kill you! Glad to hear school is going well so far. Gotta love those Catholic school kids. For better or worse, we're a pretty fine bunch. :) ~~

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! American freehomeinfocom home mortgage pleasanthill http://www.high-blood-pressure-01.info surveillance equipment stop smoking aids Paddle tennis history Baretta car alarms Back saver handbag Projectors 0.85 Prozac fluoxetine terre hill pennsylvania Interior design southern california Cronkite kitchen and bath edmonton