Tuesday, August 09, 2005

day two

Even better than the first.

The morning consisted of consuming an unhealthy amount of donuts and only half listening to the biohazard lecture because Chad and I were passing notes. I then received numerous teaching tips, including the infamous "never smile before Christmas" (pretty sure I'll break that rule), after which Theresa suggested I practice making stern faces in the mirror at home because she's concerned I'm incapable of looking mean. She's probably right.

At lunch, I made the mistake of sitting with the religion faculty, and therefore lost a greuling game of Name That Saint. They did, however, invite me to have dinner with them tomorrow night, probably because they're concerned for my lack of saintly knowledge. I was then mocked by my male colleagues for thinking that "it's on sale" is a good reason to buy something.

I spent my afternoon hiding in my classroom talking to Ashleigh instead of working on lesson plans like I should have been. We then went to a brief meeting during which they strongly encouraged us to find conferences to attend (at the school's expense, of course.) I spent the remainder of the afternoon researching conferences in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You could always come to Denver!

SRA said...

Tell the religion faculty that you'll sic your friend who grew up in Catholic schools on them. Then they'll have a REAL contest on their hands when it comes to Name That Saint. Oh yeah... ~~

poodle said...

denver could be way fun.

someone else also suggested california.... you get one guess who that was. we'll see...