Wednesday, August 17, 2005

overheard conversation

token I-have-so-much-experience-because-I've-been-out-of-high-school-for-a-whole-3-months-now-and-have-so-much-worldly-knowledge-but-am-so-kind-as-to-impart-said-knowledge-on-my-lowly-high-school-aged-friends teenager: So, I'm going to marry Jeff's wife.

lowly high-school aged friend: Haha.

experienced teenager: No, I'm not kidding. Jeff, like, wants to marry his girlfriend, but he has this wife so he needs to find someone to take his place as her husband. So he's giving her to me. And who better for the job than me?

friend:.....

teenager: Yeah. And did you know that I'm a legend at my school? I'm, like, by far the fastest cross-country runner they've ever had. So, yeah. I'm, like, a legend.

You have GOT to be kidding me. But no. No, he's not kidding me. He is, in fact, very serious about such matters. Because, you know, he's not in high school anymore and therefore has a Really. Important. Life.

3 comments:

poodle said...

it wasn't one of my students. there was a group of kids at the coffee shop where i was doing my grading, and i overheard them talking.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »