Monday, August 08, 2005

i think i love my job

Yes, I'm pretty sure I do. Some of my co-workers include:

Theresa: She's one of my favorites already, mainly because she wants to set me up with a British soccer coach who lives in my complex. I think I can handle that.

Robyn: NOTE TO ROBYN: EASE UP ON THE CAFFEINE. You scare me. And when I said nobody intimidates me, I was lying to get on your good side. But thanks for giving me the outline for your syllabus. SUCKER!

Ashleigh: The new athletic trainer. Very nice, very southern. Can't understand a word she says. But I think I'm already developing a southern accent just from spending 3 hours with her.

Chad: Cute. Nice. Smart. Loves to read. We can be friends.

Kari: The school's perkiest teacher. By far. I'm loving her.

Lee: NOTE TO LEE: Take a deep breath and sit down. You're teaching sixth graders. And just because Katy said she wanted us to introduce ourselves and tell how we got here does not mean anybody cares where you went to middle school. Or how old you were when your family moved down south. Or about the summer jobs you had during college.

Mr. Librarian: Can't remember his name, but he's dull. And now I know that if I have a problem of any kind, the library is not the place to go for help.

Me: Delightful. Charming. Everyone's favorite teacher. Does a bang-up job of pretending she knows what she's doing. Has everyone fooled.

This is going to be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britt-
You are funny. Good luck teaching those 6th graders, and if anyone asks where your hall pass is, give them the "poodle wag".
-James

SRA said...

I felt like you do when I worked my first week of EFY in 2002...and then, soon after I arrived & confessed my fear and nervousness to my supervisor, he told me that I belonged there & that I had been picked from a very high-quality group of applicants...that it was no mistake that I'd "made it". And so I pass Brett's advice on to you...it is very true of circumstances such as yours and mine (at that point). :) ~~

Katie said...

Keep up the steady detailed descriptions of what happens to you. I'm sure your job will be anything but dull!

Have you picked out your first day of school outfit yet? I think I'm going to head to the mall after work today to get on that one.