Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Moab

I must say that Moab was a rather enjoyable experience. Derek tried to set himself on fire, because apparently his hot self combined with 104 degree heat and drinking nothing but warm water all weekend wasn't quite enough for him. But I've got to admit that a mouthful of matches is a way cooler idea than ordinary birthday candles.



Phil's car broke down the first night we were in Moab and Alan, being the pro mechanic that he is, decided that if we just shook the car hard enough, whatever was wrong would fix itself. It turns out that shaking a gas pump doesn't fix it. Who knew?



Friday, we went climbing, and Alan showed off his flexibility skills.



After a long day of climbing, we hiked up to delicate arch to watch the sunset. However, we forgot that the sun sets in the west, and that the view of delicate arch faces east. It was nonetheless a beautiful sight.



I then noticed that most of my pictures were of Alan. But seriously, can you blame me? I mean, just look at the guy. Ahhh....



Saturday was spent jeeping, which meant lots of bouncing and lots of dirt. Which meant that Derek was in his element.

2 comments:

SRA said...

Wow. Beautiful. Glad you had such a good time. And Derek looks grubby. Thanks for the pics of Alan! He's a hottie!

Katie said...

I posted on my blog with your photos before I came over here and saw that you already beat me. Oh well.

Alan is a hottie.