Wednesday, May 11, 2005

the drama continues

I should have known it couldn't end that easily.

So, the boy sent an email to Washington DC's Colonail list serve in an attempt to find women to go dancing with him Saturday night. Because, apparently that's what boys do when the girl that they thought they wanted to marry but really didn't know the first thing about tells him she doesn't want to date him. My best Pennsylvania friend, who happens to be on the Colonial listserve, replied, without mentioning my name, to iquire whether or not he was still planning on going to Palmyra this Saturday, since a group of friends had been planning that trip for a while now.

To which he replied, knowing perfectly well that Wendy would share this information with me:

"Somehow, I totally missunderstood Brittany. I wrongly assumed that she might, just maybe, have some feelings for me. Clearly, that was not the case. So, I'm going to do something else..."

To which I thought:

"So much for the no pressure, let's be friends and get to know each other nonsense. And yes, you clearly misunderstood. That's the understatement of the year."

And Wendy replied, again without mentioning my name:

"Sorry you're not coming. Why don't you come and hang out with friends?"

To which he replied:

"Friendship works two ways. Brittany has never tried to be my friend."

To which Wendy replied nothing.

And which made me think:

"Gosh, you're right. You made it SO EASY for me to be your friend, and you made it SO CLEAR that all you wanted was friendship, and I was nothing but mean, as usual."

I then thought:
"Maybe I'll send him an email telling him this, because I'm kind of bored today, and that'll add a little bit of excitement and spice to my life."

I then thought better of it.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh shoot! I just got on the Colonial listserv and now I'm all bummed that I deleted the digests from last week.

SRA said...

Yeah. Steer clear. You don't need to go asking for more drama and more garbage out of him. ~~

Anonymous said...

was you thinking better of it not only sending it to all him, but all his (hypothetical) friends?
think it over

poodle said...

no, i didn't send it to him or his friends. who's anonymous?