Friday, May 06, 2005

Dear Boy,

No, this is not a note to all boys. In general, I really like boys. A lot. You're quite a delightful bunch, and a lot of fun to be around. But every once in a while, I run into one who is just a little too much. And so, in an attempt to lighten the situation, I write funny posts about the crazy things that he's done, and tell stories about his latest escapades. But there comes a point when it's really just not funny anymore. At all. So if you happen to be the boy who told me to throw away all pictures of myself in a swimsuit, or who tells me almost every day that he hopes that one day I'll be his wonderful wife, I have a few things to say to you.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

I think that about sums it up. Okay, so maybe I only really have one thing to say to you. When I said I didn't want to date you, I meant it. And when I agreed that we could be friends and hang out occasionally, I did not expect you to continue your offers to follow me to Georgia, or continuously bring up your suggestions that maybe one day I might decide I want to be your wife. I don't like having to remind you every day that you are not what I want. And I don't like the guilt trips I get when I want to go out with somebody else. Guess what? I have absolutely no committment to you. I told you this, but apparently you didn't listen. And guess what else? When a girl starts crying every time you call because she's just that frustrated with the situation, that's a bad sign. And that's your cue to back off. My entire life is changing right now, and is making me a little more emotional than usual, and I really don't need this right now. Okay? Becuase I'm having a hard time coming up with funny posts, and have let down my blogging audience. So if you won't do this for me, at least do it for them. Thanks.

I know that you have read 15 parenting books and are so excited for me to have your children. How do I know this, you ask? Because you've told me 15 times. At least. And I also know that you're rally funny, but I'm just not seeing your sense of humor for some reason. I think you've mentioned that about 20 times. And that's great. It really is. But for now, I need you to back off. I tried the "let's be friends" approach, but apparently you don't understand that.


Thanks,

Poodle

But on a brighter note, my hair has been looking really fabulous the past few days. And have I mentioned that I never have to take a final again, as long as I live?

5 comments:

Heather said...

Get some pepper spray.

His future wife will thank you.

Kelly said...

I have one word for you: FREAKSHOW!

Katie said...

Oh, Britt, I'm so sorry. That sucks, especially for someone who hates to be mean like you.

If it were me I'd be super rude and he'd have no problem not wanting to me around me.

PS I'm getting REALLY excited for Moab.

SRA said...

Smack him. I know who you're talking about here & I think he needs a good beatdown. ~~

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! kitchen remodeling 6 canada levitra buick open golf tournament rhinoplasty Home based business in cape coral Online ociate degree education Phentermine online free shipping Stowe vt timeshare problems Sony dvd players us and europe 69 dodge dart