Wednesday, July 22, 2009

in case you were wondering

500 Days of Summer is an awesome movie.

Trader Joe's tomato and roasted red pepper soup is delicious.

P90X rocks my world. So much that I don't even care that my family will make fun of me for saying "rocks my world."

My waterproof/shockproof digital camera came in the mail yesterday!! I haven't tried it out underwater yet. For the first time in my life, I am reading the instruction manual just in case there's something special I have to do before putting it underwater.

My books also came today! I am starting with The Magician's Assistant.

Only 7 days left of summer school, and it can't go by fast enough. If I have to listen to one more argument over whose idea it was to name their robot Wall-E first, or another kid who thinks its really clever to name their program "Bob" or "Fred" and then act shocked when every other 12-year-old in the class also named their programs "Bob" and "Fred", I might lose it.

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid is hilarious. And probably a lot funnier if you were a kid in the 50s.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was pretty good. It's a 9/11 story, which I was worried about, but it took a surprisingly different angle than I was expecting. I hate it when books (or movies) take a tragedy and turn it into an awful made-up love story with a bizarrely happy ending. (Did anyone else see Pearl Harbor? Seriously. )

The Wednesday Wars blew me away. After about the first 40 pages, it was just okay, but after that it gets better with every single sentence. And by the end of the book, you want to go back and read it again. I love Mrs. Baker. (Partly because she's a teacher and partly just because she's secretly awesome.)

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is also a good read. I didn't start to love it until the last 3 pages, though, and then it was over. Overall, though, a good story with loveable characters.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Man, you're fast. Did your keys come in the mail also? I really need to know.

Bexie Funk said...

you really do read last and all the ones you loved i would be happy to take off your hands. oh and pearl harbor really was awful!

rmreed said...

we'll have to break in your camera when you come to Texas next week.