Thursday, July 09, 2009

favorite books of all time

A Separate Peace: There's just something about this book that makes me want to read it over and over and over.

Cold Sassy Tree: I loved reading as a kid, but high school English classes had the unique talent of sucking the joy out of almost every book we read. This is the first book I read for a class that I loved.

Jane Eyre: As I was reading this book, I kept thinking "Hey! She's writing about me!"

The Secret Life of Bees: just because of the part about the pepto-bismol pink house.

East of Eden: Remember at the end how Cate talks about being Alice in Wonderland? If you don't, you should re-read the book, because you are missing out.

These is my Words: I am in love with Captain Jack Elliot.

The Power of One: I am also in love with Peekay.

Mindset: This book is simply brilliant.

The Schools our Children Deserve: It completely changed me

Stargirl: It is sad for me to admit that I would probably act just like the boy in this book.

Atlas Shrugged: I read this right after I finished college, and thought it was just brilliant. I started re-reading it a few years ago, and it annoyed me. But it still makes the list, becuase at the time, it was one of my favorite books ever.

My Name is Asher Lev: Made me want to be an artist.

Tale of Two Cities: It's been a long time since I've read this, but it's a beautiful story.

Bridge to Terabithia: Loved it back in 4th grade. Still love it.

2 comments:

erica s said...

I felt the same way about Cold Sassy Tree. Read it in 9th grade and it was one of the only books I loved reading for school.

Bexie Funk said...

there is no way i'm reading east of eden again to learn about alice and wonderland. i'm no literary scholar that's for sure!