Saturday, June 04, 2005

your own peruvian guidebook

PART 1: LIMA

The trip started out fantastically, since my travelling companion has connections in Lima (ie, our very own tourguide and a free place to stay.) We arrived in Lima at around midnight and experienced the Peruvian nightlife until 3:30 the next morning. One of the scarier moments occurred right when we landed, and got into a taxi with no seatbelts to drive around a city in which traffic signals and the whole driving on the right side of the road idea are apparently completely optional. SCARY!!

The next day we visited the ruins of an ancient civilization whose god was female, which meant that they only sacrificed women by drugging them and burying them alive. Delightful. The ruins themselves were pretty cool, though.

While in Lima, I had to use all of my willpower not to buy every food item available, since my absolute favorite part of visiting a foreign country is trying the food. Although I did receive several shouts of I LOVE YOU from the salesmen when I turned down their offers to buy their products. So that was sweet. I've had a hard enough time getting my boyfriends to say that to me. Who knew it could be so easy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Sage local phone service Cisco foods in texas