Monday, June 20, 2005

take some advice

Sometimes I really wish I could go back in time and give my teenaged self some advice. I think that most of it would be fashion advice, not because my high school years were horrific because I had no sense of style, but because I'm currently organizing all of my high-school photos and am having a really hard time finding any that I actually want to put in a photo album that people are actually going to see.

I would start off by telling myself that it's a really bad idea to wear a mustard-yellow shirt on picture day. It's a bad idea any day of the year, really, but if you wear it on picture day, your future posterity will forever know that when you wore this shirt, your skin and hair magically took on the exact same shade. I realize that since you're not an iguana, you had no reason to suspect that you could actually change colors, but if you had just taken the time to look in them mirror, could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment.

Also, the green shoes were just a bad idea. First of all, you don't own anything that goes with these green shoes (besides the t-shirt your friend's dad brought home from work, which was also a bad idea), and second of all, they're just ugly. No matter what you're wearing them with.

You should also know that being a blonde really isn't all it's cracked up to be. So you don't need to try so hard. And you especially shouldn't trust your little sister to dye your hair blonde two days before you move to a new school while her boyfriend is over and she is clearly very distracted.

But, since I've now grown up and am no longer so shallow as I once was, I'll give you some non-fashion advice. If you're pretty sure he's not that into you, don't let him kiss you, no matter how much fun it may be. (This is advice that I still need to hear occasionally.)

Other than that, you've done a fairly decent job of things.

No comments: