Friday, June 24, 2005

things that have made me happy

Receiving a text message from Brett, an old friend that I haven't heard from in a year and a half. Remembering how we became such good friends in such a short amount of time. Remembering how, when I missed the ward parties because I was studying for a test, he would bring a plate of food over to my house so I didn't miss out. And how he once brought me bratwurst, and I didn't have the heart to tell him I hate bratwurst so I ate it anyway. I love Brett!!

Receiving an email from Charlotte informing me that my new title is "mistress of willpower". I've never been named mistress of anything. This is very fun.

Solidifying plans to go to New Hampshire next weekend. I can't wait!!!

Knowing that Steve is coming back from Prague today to hang out with me.

Justifying buying a pretty new yellow dress by riding to Philadelphia with a group of friends instead of driving by myself. The money that I saved on gas went to purchasing said dress.

The wedding reception on a boat at Penn's Landing last night. Although the groom was two hours late to the wedding ceremony and the entire wedding party was an hour and a half late to the reception, it was still a delightful evening.

Painting my nails.

And lots more...

1 comment:

SRA said...

I'm glad you had fun in Philly, in spite of the whole lateness thing. And you know I still love you even though I abandoned you after last summer. :( And I want to see your yellow dress! hehe ~~