Sunday, November 02, 2008

the weekend

a few things I learned this weekend:

  • Parents can be rude. Not to me so much, but still rude. I went to our girls' field hockey game on Friday, and was more than a little embarrassed about the comments that the mothers on both teams were making toward one another. Get a grip. They're sixteen-year-old kids, and it's just a game. Seriously.
  • I still like rollercoasters. Yesterday was the last day that six flags was open, so Troy, Erica, Ryan and I went. Fun.
  • There is a 70-year-old man in the Bethesda ward who finds great joy in fulfilling his wives fantasies. At least, this is what he told us all during testimony meeting yesterday. Then he realized how it sounded and got a little embarrassed. Old people are adorable.
  • Teachers hate halloween. Next year, I'm giving a test on all holidays so my kids are forced to sit still. Hahaha.
  • Squirrels love pumpkins. They ate the faces off of all of our jack-o-lanterns, and now they're just blobs.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

My pumpkin was eaten - by a squirrel? How sad!

Charlo said...

Sports parents are evil. That is why I truely didn't care that my parents didn't come to my Swim Meets.... not that anyone's parents went to swim meets, but you get the point.

Bexie Funk said...

what a crazy old man. sorry your pumpkins got eaten.

erica s said...

I love the elderly too and yea for 6 Flags!