Monday, January 21, 2008

movie reviews

The Power of One: If you've read the book, you will think that this is quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made. If you have not read the book, you will think that this is quite possibly one of the best movies ever made. quite the conundrum. lucky for me, i've read the book so i know just how great peekay really is (i think i want to marry him) and just how fantastic the real story is.

The Kite Runner: two thumbs up. whether or not you've read the book, it is beautifully made. it follows the story, and while the character development is not quite what i would have liked, the ideas and emotions are presented nicely.

Juno: funny. watch it. teenagers make me laugh so hard. this is why i love my job.

PS I Love You: Oh, my gosh. I was not expecting much from this movie, but it was fantastic. While it's a tragic story, it's all about hope and moving on. With a story like this, it easily could have crossed the line into overly sappy and pathetic, but magically it did not. another must-see.

2 comments:

Katie said...

After watching PS I love you I was terrified that Garrett was going to die.

Scared the CRAP out of me.

I did not like it.

Ashley Erin said...

landon likes chic flicks. so i think we might go see ps i love you.