Wednesday, January 23, 2008

check this out!

The Flat Earth Society "Deprogramming the masses since 1547": some of my students told me to check out their website, and it's awesome! (in it's own way, of course)

So apparently there's an abundance of "evidence" indicating that the earth is flat. It's clearly a disk surrounded by walls of ice, and the whole so-called "round earth" theory is just a government conspiracy. What exactly they're trying to accomplish by leading us to believe the earth is round is admittedly unclear, but the government has been known to do some pretty strange things.

I found out about this when I asked my students what gravity is and was told that gravity does not actually exist. The earth is a flat disk that is accelerating upward. Duh.

So we're spending class tomorrow going over their "scientific data and measurements" and debating whether or not we believe that the earth is in fact flat. I can't wait.

Check out their FAQ page. It's unbelievably funny.

1 comment:

BRANDON said...

hmm, thats a pretty long standing conspiracy theory. If this is true I might as well throw all my math and surveying knowledge out the window.