Tuesday, October 04, 2005

i'm going where?

Fifth period today:

Mikey (by far my wittiest student): How about we watch a movie today?
Me: We will never watch a movie in my class.
Mikey: Why not?
Me: Because we're here to learn Chemistry!
Mikey: I bet you watched movies in your chemistry class in high school.
Me: No, I've never watched a single movie in any chemistry class I've taken.
Mikey: Ms. Reed, I hope you know you go to hell for a year for every lie you tell.

Later in the class:

Me: Mikey, are you playing games on your calculator?
Mikey: No, of course not. I'm listening to you.
Me: You know, you go to hell for a year for every lie you tell. Keep that in mind.
Mikey: Did you just tell me I'm going to hell?
Me: Yes, I think I did.
Mikey: Ms. Reed, this is a Catholic school. You can't say something like that. (Ha!)


During fourth period:

The class thought it would be pretty fun today to find out the worst thing I've ever done.

Luckily the worst thing I ever did was skip school once in high school.

I'm pretty sure they were disappointed with that answer.

4 comments:

Katie said...

oh man, that is so great that the worst thing you've done is skipped school. They probably thought you were being all guarded and sensoring them from your wild and unruly ways.

SRA said...

Just to clarify...Mikey is not speaking from any kind of Catholic doctrine when he says you spend a year in hell for every lie you tell. Just in case you had any doubt. He's totally blowing smoke, the smartie. ~~

poodle said...

they actually believed me! i was shocked. i was sure they'd think i was just sensoring.

but they went to their other classes and told their teachers what a goody-goody i am. haha.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. california paintball water bed gay shorts Fax and voice messages ventafax software buy fioricet discount meridia Cheap+calls maternity clothes porsche new central heating pumps canon gl2 digital camcorder