Thursday, October 13, 2005

hard numbers

0: number of A's earned by my fifth-period class this quarter. also the number of students i have made cry

1: number of times i have done laundry in the two and a half months I've lived here. also the number of times i have gone to bed before midnight. also the number of piggly-wigglys i have encountered.

2: number of labs involving M&M's i have come up with

5: number of students who failed my class this quarter

7: number of times i have danced in front of my class

8: number of times i have changed the seating chart in my first-period class

9: length of my sunday nap three weeks ago, in hours

10: time that i went to bed for the night after waking up from said 9 hour nap at 9:30

25: total number of compliments i have received on my shoes from my students

30: number of times i have tripped over backpacks

70: number of times my students have "accidentally" turned on the gas valves during class

80: number of students i teach

100: percentage of times i have asked for directions and heard the phrase "you're going to pass a really big baptist church"

No comments: