Saturday, December 27, 2008

a mexican christmas

So, the picture uploader thingy is being really slow and, as it turns out, I'm not that patient. I'll have more later.


Before Christmas actually came, we drove out to Cholula and Puebla where we ate some fried grasshoppers (less disgiusting than you might think)


sat on an elephant (because sometimes mom still thinks that we're five years old. That may be because we sometimes act five, but that's beside the point.)


and saw some ruins.


Then we came back to Mexico city for Christmas eve and Christmas day. We made all of our regular Christmas treats for caroling. We were planning on singing Feliz Navidad (because it's the only Christmas song we know in Spanish) but when mom ended up singing what essentially translates into "I want your anus (and happiness)" we decided to forego the song and just deliver plates of food instead. Smart move, if you ask me.
Christmas day, we opened stockings

and took a pinata to the kids at the refugio.
Later, we went to the Zocalo, which during the holidays is a lot like Disneyworld. Except way better, because Disneyworld just isn't that fun. Sorry, but it's not. All in all, not a bad trip so far.

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Poodle - you have an amazing talent of making it sound lots funnier than it actually was (the song, I mean.)

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yours. I miss you.

Bexie Funk said...

that's hilarious! i'm actually jealous!

Charlo said...

I with you on Disneyland... though technically you were talking about Disney world, and I've never been there.

Huge dissapointment when I finally went to Disneyland. Hence why I got Six flags passes this year for christmas.

rmreed said...

finally someone who thinks Disneyworld is lame.