Friday, December 19, 2008

glorious freedom

only two classes left, and i am free for 16 whole days. no more ball jokes or other teenaged antics.

today is the last day of school, and i have received some delightful gifts from several very generous students. these include:

  • a $100 gift card to Nordstrom. what should i buy? some shoes? a pair of designer jeans? too many choices
  • a gorgeous blue cashmere scarf
  • another blue scarf (apparently they're big this season)
  • a barnes and noble gift card (awesome)
  • lots of chocolates
  • candles
  • earrings

Today we have our faculty holiday party at our headmaster's house. i am going simply because the door prize is an all-expense paid trip for 4 to cape cod. i am determined that i am going to win.

i am a member of "the reason" which is a club that provides a reason to get up early on saturday mornings. tomorrow morning we are baking sugar cookies to leave on people's doorsteps.

then i'm watching mamma mia with rochelle. and attending the mandarin branch christmas party. i'm going for the food.

3 comments:

erica s said...

Mama Mia is the best! Love it!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, your job has the best perks! I got invited to our (where I volunteer)Christmas party, but I have to pay 300 pesos for my lunch. I think I'll clean my house instead.

Charlo said...

Nice gifts happen when students like you and their parents own bill gates.

Just in case your Determining works for you, I am determined that you are taking me with you.