Sunday, December 28, 2008

just for charlotte

because i used to call her Charlotte the Harlot and she's still friends with me. She's nice.

Books to Read:

Teaching Introductory Physics: Okay, snooze, I know. But remember that physics class you took with me once when I convinced you that you wanted to be an engineer? That was fun. And it's honestly one of the best books I've read in a very long time. I take it with me everywhere I go.

The Promise, by Chaim Potok: It's the sequel to The Chosen, which is one of my favorite books of all time. I didn't love it quite as much as The Chosen, but it's still good.

A Long way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier: if you're particular about writing styles (which i sometimes am) you might not love it, but everybody should read this book at some point in their lives.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: a year of food life: pretty interesting.

The Brighter Side of Human Nature, by Alfie Kohn: I've read several of his books, and they get repetitive after you read more than two (he starts to repeat the same stories) but if you've never read anything by Alfie Kohn, you should. It's inspiring.

1 comment:

Charlo said...

I've liked about half of the Fiction books I've read of Barbara Kingsolver's, but I have never really thought about the one you suggested... mostly because it wasn't a story and it wasn't psychology. I think I'll pull that one out first.

I've read The Promise actually. Loved all 3 Chaim Potok books I've read... Kind of forgot he existed though, so I should look for more by him.

Never heard of the other 3... I'll have to look them up. Thanks for making the list for me.