Monday, July 14, 2008

things i learned this weekend

1. Shenendoah is really beautiful.

2. Camping is always fun.

3. I make a mean foil dinner.

4. Most people do not know the proper foil dinner pouch technique. Sad.

5. I really need to do a backpacking trip sometime soon. While the "fluff" camping I did this weekend was a great way to spend time with friends and be outside, I much prefer backpacking.

6. Sleeping next to two people who feel the need to display their love for each other in a ten-man tent equals not much sleep at all.

7. So does sleeping next to someone who snores.

8. So does sleeping in a tent that has not been staked down and therefore falls on you at night.

9. Roasted starbursts are pretty darned good.

10. But you can leave them in a hot car all day and get the same effect.

11. I still enjoy rollerblading.

12. Even in the rain.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Sounds almost as much fun as girl's camp - and probably the same amount of sleep.

Katie said...

Come out here and we'll go on a great backpacking trip!

Ashley Erin said...

I love to rollerblade. we should go when i visit you.

Ashley Erin said...

I love to rollerblade. we should go when i visit you.