Saturday, July 05, 2008

100 (ish) things about me (updated)

no promises that i'll actually make it to 100

1. I will probably live in the DC area for the rest of my life.
2. I am going camping this weekend!!
3. I ate an entire plate of bacon for breakfast yesterday morning (Give me a break, it was the 4th of July)
4. I want to learn to play the cello.
5. I used to want to be short, now i want to be tall.
6. I wear long jeans with heels to make me look taller. It's working.
7. I love reading fiction novels.
8. I love reading books about education.
9. I don't really love reading history books. I've tried.
10. I really like changing my hair color. When I get my next paycheck, I'm going blonde.
11. I love Level 99 jeans.
12. Level 99 jeans are sold for $120, which I refuse to pay.
13. Good thing I'm such a bargain shopper, because I found a pair for $10 and two pairs for $20 each. I am in love with them.
14. I know the lyrics to just about every cheesey love song on the radio.
15. I love traveling.
16. Europe is not my favorite travel destination. There are so many other places that are just as cool (or even better) for much cheaper.
17. I'm going to Japan next summer with my roommate.
18. I am spending my time off this summer building (attempting to build) a hovercraft.
19. My roommate is giving me cooking lessons.
20. I am obsessed with shaved ice.
21. my favorite flavor is strawberry/wedding cake
22. I also love tigers blood
23. my economic stimulus check should be here any day now!
24. I love teaching high school
25. I learned this summer that I most certainly do not love teaching middle school kids
26. I tried yoga for the first time when I was 16.
27. I hated it because I had a huge cast on my arm and thumb. It's hard to do yoga in that condition.
28. I tried yoga for the second time ever on Saturday.
29. I am officially hooked. I have vowed to do yoga every night with my roommate.
30. It is power yoga.
31. Sometimes I check my email while I'm teaching. Only when my students are working on something that doesn't require direct instruction.
32. Sometimes when I'm reading my email during class I don't hear them when they ask me a question. They make fun of me for that.
33. It's okay because I frequently make jokes at their expense.
34. I'm still angry that Ashley is going to England without me this Christmas.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hi Brittany! I don't know if you remember me...I'm Ryan's friend from high school. So, I saw that you plan on coming to Japan next summer...well, right now I live in Okinawa (an island south of mainland Japan). We're here for the next 2 years and if you head this way, you could stay with us. There's really good snorkeling and diving here. Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm jealous you're in the DC area...I loved it when I visited. Anyway, let me know!

BRANDON said...

don't be angry at Ashley. According to a friend of mine-Mark Campbell, a native of London for 30 years or so-it is actually quit miserable in the winter. but then again he did move to Sydney where the winters are nicer than a british summer.

Charlo said...

That reminds me of a teacher I had that never showed any emotion. Then one day, he was at his computer, busted out laughing, and ran out of the room. It was really weird, and he wouldn't tell anyone what it was about. I found out later from his son that it was the day after his first date with this girl (he later married), and he was pretty sure it was an email from her. Long pointless story, but I wanted to share.