Thursday, July 17, 2008

lists

Things I accomplished yesterday:

  • Sat out on the front porch and finished These Is my Words. I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. This is one of those rare books that effected me emotionally. I woke up feeling really sad this morning.
  • Picked up Peace Like a River again. (Remember how I left it at school one day and decided to start These is my Words instead?)
  • Ate a delicious (lemonade/rock n roll) shaved ice with sweetened condensed milk drizzled on top.
  • Deposited my paycheck for the extra summer sessions I've done.
  • Paid all of my bills.

Things I need to accomplish today:

  • Finish reorganizing my closet so that I can call the donation center to come pick up all of the clothes I don't wear anymore.
  • Write college recommendation letters for my students. I have a feeling I'll be writing a lot in the fall, so I need to get a headstart on the ones I'm already aware of
  • Buy a new pair of running shoes and go for a jog along the trails by my house.
  • Eat another shaved ice
  • Finish writing my AP syllabus to submit to the College Board.
  • Clean my bathroom again. I've realized that I can't count on my roommates to do any cleaning on the bathroom.
  • Order some more books from Amazon. Any recommendations? (I'm thinking Sarah's Quilt and On the Road. Or maybe Me Talk Pretty one Day? But I'm open to suggestions.)

4 comments:

BRANDON said...

my teachers all made me write my own letters and then they would sign them (if they agreed with what I wrote).

poodle said...

haha, i don't even let the kids read the letters i write. i can write them way better than they can, anyway. that would sure save me a lot of time, though!

Ashley Erin said...

hey stoop dog, send the clothes to me if they are cute!

TRS said...

I have Me Talk Pretty One Day.

As a random act of kindness... I'll mail it to you if you want it.