Monday, June 30, 2008

weekend update

Thursday night the restaurant club went to a fantastic Afghan restaurant, where I picked out the best meal on the menu. It had lamb and vegetables in some sort of delectable sauce.

Friday, it rained buckets so we took advantage of the situation and put on our swimsuits and rain boots (and clothes - not really sure why we bothered with those) and splashed around in the rain. Laura tried boogey boarding down the hill, but there wasn't quite enough water.

Then our Brazilian neighbors got jealous that we were having so much fun and came out to play soccer.

I also made lots of shaved ice with my new gourmet shaved ice syrups that already arrived!!! (I decided to go with package #2.) And when my package arrived, I also received a note from the seller (I bought them off of ebay) letting me know that next time I order, I can pick whatever flavors I want! My favorite 15 out of hte 99 options available!!! I'm already excited for next summer.

Saturday, my roommate and I made strawberry-rhubarb pie and lemon buttermilk sherbet. It was quite possibly the best combination of dessert flavors ever. I'll have to post the recipe for the sherbet. It made my little heart go pitter patter. Saturday night, we tried to go to the National's game but the cheap seats were sold out (who knew the Nats were popular?) so we went down to the mall for the folk life festival, which was over. But we saw enough to know that we are going back. Mission accomplished.

ps - read my mom's blog. sometimes my family blows me away. in a good way.

7 comments:

bethy said...

look - poodle can play soccer without stopping to pick the flowers!

Graytoppop said...

She picked the flowers when she played softball and played in right field. She made goggles with her fingers and walked along the goalie line when she played soccer.

And Poodie -- did you tell your brasilian friends that your dad thinks he is brasilian???

poodle said...

no, they didn't speak much english. so we just stuck to playing soccer

N.F. said...

What fun!

MOM THE BOMB said...

You REALLY need to post the recipe for lemon buttermilk sherbet. I need to use that $200 icecream maker we bought. And you look SO cute in your rain boots, swim suit, and white skirt. Only you could pull that off! That's why you're the fashion queen.

Katie said...

When did your parents move to Mexico City!?!?!? Do they like it?

The ear doctor served his mission there and we've talked about moving to Mexico and setting up an audiologist practice there.

MOM THE BOMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.