Wednesday, June 25, 2008

my books are here!!!

I ordered a book from Amazon last week all about robotics and designing and building sensors and what not. So it turns out that when my school asked me if I'd like to teach a robotics class, I forgot to mention that I really don't know that much about robotics. Lucky for me, everybody else in the school knows exactly zero about robotics, so when I tell them that I can program a robot to look for objects and pick them up, they think that's really fancy. This book should help me turn my class into an actual high school/pre-college class as opposed to something along the lines of "Fun with Legos".

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

That's great! I think my mechanical abilities lie along the "fun with Legos" line.

Bexie Funk said...

mine too i let shawn do all the building of robots at our home. and if you need any help he'd be more than happy to give suggestions. his nerdiness comes in quite handy.

Charlo said...

I think you should program one to look for and pick up dog poo. THat would be highly marketable.

bethy said...

i took fun with legos in college - don't be fooled. it's hard.

Graytoppop said...

But really, work on the dog pooper-scooper robot!!!!