Monday, August 06, 2007

thanks, mom!


Want to hear a really great story? I thought so.
After eight years of living in different countries, my mom decided it might be kind of fun to live with her husband. Pretty neat idea, if you ask me. So now my mother is pretending to love living (with her husband) in Mexico, where she spends her days hiding from the maid, wishing she had chocolate chip cookies, and trying to learn Spanish.
So, as it turns out, there was no need to take a car to Mexico, and since my mother is apparently emotionally attached to this car, she didn't want it to "leave the family", despite the $15K she could have sold it for. So that's where I come in. Is sentimentality really worth $15,000? Sure, why not. And that is why my mom is the best. And that is why my dad is still rolling his eyes.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Remember how that was supposed to be my car, because it has the rack for my kayak? Yeah, that's why I'm still rolling MY eyes.

Katie said...

That rules.

That's a really Colorado-ish car you're sporting now!

Charlo said...

hmmmm... meanwhile I still have a guilt complex over the fact I let my mom buy me a 20 dollar swimsuit for absolutely no special occasion, and I think, "what? if I could get over this feeling I could potentially get a car in a few years?!!?"

and that is why I am still rolling my eyes.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You're welcome Poodle. You deserve it!

Charlo said...

Dr. Susan, Why do you hide from the maid?