Thursday, August 23, 2007

some hilights

So my new school is pretty darn cool, for many reasons. Like the fact that my department head has been bragging to everyone she talks to about how awesome she thought my job interview went.

Or the fact that I have an average of 13 kids in my classes. Ahhh.....

And then we have a few famous students (or rather students with famous parents.) Like the owners of a rather large candy company that makes little bits of chocolate with hard candy shells. Or the kid whose parents founded a program that brings recent college grads into inner-city schools to teach. Or the owners of a major hotel chain. Am I intimidated? Yup. But I'll never tell them that.

2 comments:

Katie said...

13 kids in your class!!!!!!! That rules!

Charlo said...

You student pretty much always love you and you know it.

So is that one of the briefings they give you at dinner, a warning of which highly influential children you'll get to teach? you'd better watch it Poodle, or they might never let you teach in an inner city school again....