Tuesday, July 12, 2005

things i'll miss

when I leave State College in less than three weeks. (Yay!)

First and foremost, I will miss the Haiku Queen, and how she loves light-up flipflops as much as I do, and talking until six a.m. and then sleeping through my alarm in the morning. I will miss making her think that I'm the funniest person on the planet when I pretend to be a cheerleader (because that's just not something you can do over the phone) and going to Wegman's at 2 am to buy ice cream.

I will also miss the freedom of staying up until 6 a.m. reading a good book because I didn't have class on Tuesday or Thursday and could sleep in if I wanted. And the absolute breathtaking beauty of central Pennsylvania's Spring, Summer and Fall. And Wegman's salads. And the Waffle Shop. And Steve making dinner for me at least once a week. And Dane, the 4-year-old who loves to sit on my lap during primary and can read better than most 10-year-old kids I know. And the little girls who will interrupt my primary lesson to tell me how their pretty new purple dress matched the purple fireworks they saw last week. I will also miss the Sisters, who call me to go on exchanges with them simply because I keep them updated on all the ward gossip. I will mostly miss being the one who hears most of the gossip first. And I will miss being in the place that holds more memories than I thought I could accumulate in only 2 short years.

I will not, however, miss the frigid, snow-covered winters and how they can easily turn a 7-minute drive into a 45-minute drive, or sliding off the road at least 8 times during these drives. But I think that's the only thing I won't miss.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I know what you mean about amassing memories so quickly. When I started considering leaving Colorado I got really sad thinking of all the things I wouldn't be able to do anymore. Good thing I'm staying!

SRA said...

Ehehehehe...great times, huh? Gotta love State College. ~~

k said...

Wegman's might possible be my favorite place in the world. A visit is always a highlight of going home to visit my folks in NY (who happened to meet, fall in love and get married in State College!).

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... alfa romeo giulia gt audio amplifier is car diagram 1998 subaru forester flywheel Suction vibrators Walt disney world golf company+moving+submit+url play craps Furnishings rug area b adrian decor wool Roseville park tennis courts Impotence cause01010101010101010101010101010101 Infiniti history sony pda case Jeep 2.5l turbo

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it laser eye surgery Prince of tennis music business credit report plastic surgery Wvii tv bangor http://www.bmwdealer1.info Java example of a simple webserver 1973 suzuki enduro kissimmee answering service In long stays system vicodin party poker Sims online appliances florida timeshare Reverse phone dirctory G&g printer cartrige