Wednesday, July 20, 2005

scare me silly

I love nightmares. With all of my heart and soul, I love them. And I'm certainly not afraid to admit it, because I've never really been one to love half-heartedly, so if I'm going to kind of like them, I may as well go all out and devote my whole heart and soul.

I had a truly fantastic nightmare last night and woke up feeling more rejuvenated than ever. I was vacationing in a foreign country that happened to be in the midst of a war, but I didn't care because I had already planned the vacation and was determined to go. There were men with guns threatening to kill me because they didn't like that I was leaning against the wall. And when I left to go back to my motorcycle (because apparently my subconscious thinks I love them) and realized that one of them had stolen my cell phone, I demanded that he give it back. I was just that brave.

So as I was lying in bed this morning thanking my subconscious for scaring me so badly, I decided that this fixation with nightmares must mean one of two things. Either

1) I am brave and live life with no fears, or

2) I'm kind of a wuss and the only time I allow any real danger into my life is while I'm asleep.

Huh. That second one is kind of disappointing.