Monday, November 08, 2004

Wooden Shoes

I have a favorite pair of shoes. They're adorable. Wooden soles, a tall heel, and a leather strap knotted across my foot. Perfect for skirts. Which I also love wearing. What more could a girl ask for? Seriously, if you haven't seen these shoes, you really need to. You'd love them. Love love love. I wore these shoes on a walk once, and came home with six blisters on each foot. Why, you might ask, would I wear wooden strappy shoes on a walk? Wouldn't tennis shoes be so much more practical? Well, because it was Sunday. Obviously. So I had worn the shoes to church. Obviously. Did I mention that they look great with skirts? I could have changed into something more comfortable, I admit, but skirts, especially when paired with the strappy shoes, are just so darned cute. So any excuse I have to wear them, I'm all over.

Sometimes I worry that I am those strappy wooden shoes. Or, if not the shoes themselves, the self-proclaimed Wooden Shoe Salesperson, striving to show the world the beauty that is the Wooden Shoes.

Hey, why don't you try these ones on? They're great. I mean, just look at them! Who wouldn't want to wear these?

Oh, you wouldn't? Really? Really??
I guess not everybody wants wooden shoes. Shoot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »