Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Since my New Year's resolutions were such a smashing success last year (not eating processed foods (with the exception of clearance holiday candy) and making my bed every day (I aim high, people)) I decided to make some new ones this year!

1.  Keep my house organized.  I already went through and donated 5 bags of old clothing, shoes, and other crap that I have had around my house for the past two years.  I decided that if something has been sitting under my bed since I moved in, I probably didn't need it that badly.  I am pretty sure I will not miss any of this stuff.

2.  Track all of my expenses.  I don't have a monthly budget, since certain my spending fluctuates pretty vastly from month to month (for example, January is a great month to buy clothes since there are a million after-Christmas clearance sales.  And who can pass up a $30 down coat, or new running shoes (pink ones!) for half prices?  I, for one, cannot.)  However, I want to be aware of where my money is going, so I keep a running tab in my phone of how much I am spending on gas, household stuff, groceries, clothing, entertainment, and Sammy.  Apparently those are the six most important things in my life.

3.  Actually plan my meals.  I buy a lot of great-looking stuff at the grocery store (coconut flour) and then have no idea what to do with it.  So my goal is to plane what I will make to eat each week (dinner, dessert, snack, etc.) and only buy the food I need for my meals.  Hopefully this will result in less wasted food.  (hopefully)

4.  Get accepted to nursing school.  There's not a whole lot more to say about that.

3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

Still waiting for the homemade cheese nips!

MOM THE BOMB said...

I'm betting on #4!

Bexie Funk said...

i avoid the malls after christmas because I know i won't be able to pass up the sales, or in doing so it will just make me sad. i'd love to go clearance shopping someday!