Sunday, February 13, 2011

oh, and a couple more things

I have been decorating my room.

Like it?

I printed out a bunch of black and white pictures of DC and hung them up over my bed. And I made those curtains. (They're purple. Still trying to figure out my fancy new camera.)
Notice the bedding? I hit up the Macy's sale and bought $500 worth of bedding (coverlet, sheetset, and bedskirt) for $81. Mom, I take it back. I'm glad I inherited your inability to pass up a good sale.

And did anyone notice my nice, fancy roadbike secluded to the corner of the room behind my bed? When I bought him, the poor little guy thought that he would actually be able to explore the HUNDREDS of miles of hilly, green bike paths that Northern Virginia has to offer. He thought he'd be able to ride along the river under a canopy of trees. No such luck. He's just spinning his wheels in the corner of my room. And let me tell you, riding your bike in your room is not quite as much fun as riding along the Potomac on a sunny afternoon.


Then I made a wreath out of a book. (I proofread to make sure I wasn't destroying any hidden literary genius. Believe me, I was not.) Then I painted that book case a dark brown to match the rest of the furniture in my apartment.

No comments: