Wednesday, February 16, 2011

just a couple more

I made some yarn balls to fill the empty white bowl on our coffee table. (It used to be filled with Christmas decorations, and while I fully admit to listening to Christmas music year-round, the decorations just have to go after New Year's.)

I made a board on which to hang all of the pictures of my favorite nieces and nephews. (Don't worry guys, everyone's included.)

A pillow made out of two clearance napkins and some scrap felt. Total cost: about $.50.

And one more pillow, also made from a napkin and scrap materials. (It's a flower. Just in case you couldn't tell.)

Up next:

A slightly toned-down version of this pillow (with colors to match the color scheme in my room, of course)

This skirt: (Is it obvious yet that I love ruffles?)

And a set of individual whiteboards for my freshmen. I've been promising them for weeks to make them some, so that they can solve problems at their desks using whiteboard markers. (Because that is some how way more fun than solving problems using a pencil.) I even told them they could borrow the school's label maker to label their own boards. I'm pretty sure that makes me teacher of the year. (Or a pushover. Definitely a pushover.)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are way better than I am at sewing. Color me a green shade of jealous.

Bexie Funk said...

its so true using whiteboards is WAY cooler than writing with a pencil. and i love the yarn balls! can't wait to see you!

Bexie Funk said...

maybe i should make a board for caroline's room or the boys too.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You can help me decorate my house!