Friday, January 07, 2011

want to see the coolest thing ever?

Yeah, I thought so.


You can take a poll with your cell phone! (In my class, they're actually quizzes, not polls, but whatever.) So every kid can text in their answer, and since their answers are linked to their cell phones, I can see who responded correctly and who did not.

Now, suddenly, quizzes are fun! (Who knew teenagers were so easily tricked? Oh, wait. I did.) And, delight of all delights, they are allowed to use their cell phone during class. Remarkable.


You can either click on your preferred answer, OR send a text to 36707 with your preferred response in the body of the text. (Don't worry. It's free)

If you choose the scarf, text the code 10543
If you choose jeans, text the code 20833
If you choose a skirt, text 20838
If you choose a purse, text 25600
Jewelry 25728.

SO. TOTALLY. AWESOME. (If you're a teacher anyway.)

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

totally.awesome.teacher.

Graytoppop said...

Great use of technology, but a better use of psychology with the students!!!

Lindsey said...

So I thought clicking on the option would take me to a picture of it. Does that make me dumb?

Bexie Funk said...

i wish there were more teachers like you. that is genius!

Charlo said...

so the kids who don't bring cells to class fail!