Monday, January 17, 2011

adventures in sewing

Look what I made yesterday!!



Awesome, huh? Anthro wanted me to pay at least $50 for it. They clearly have never met me. Otherwise they would know how ridiculous that is.

Instead, I took a blue and white striped tshirt (purchased for $5 at the Gap 3 years ag0) that I hadn't worn in about 1.5 years. I cut the sleeves off, sewed them on the front of the shirt, and viola!! So cute.

Next, I think I'm going to make this one:



Except I'm going to use a royal blue long sleeved tshirt with some navy blue ribbon that I have from a skirt I bought 5 years ago that really looks much better without the ribbon. (You're going to have to trust me on this one.)

Before you know it, I'm going to have a whole new wardrobe without buying a thing!! (Besides a sewing machine, that is.... Thanks, mom!)

4 comments:

Charlo said...

What? no photos of the one YOU made?

Bexie Funk said...

i'm impressed! very cute.

MOM THE BOMB said...

a new twist on bargain shopping. you're the queen!

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

I think you have a great talent for fashion and design. Really, really, amazing! So, if you get tired of teaching. . .