Monday, January 11, 2010

book reviews (for shady)

The Great Gatsby: Interesting novel and much more fun to read than I remembered, but nothing that I would swoon over.


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Kind of graphic in parts, but very gripping. I couldn't put it down and kept reading until 5 am when I got too scared to keep going.

Into Thin Air: Augh. Jon Krakauer is infuriatingly self-centered. But he writes good books, so what can you do?

Ender's Game: Heartbreaking. Please read it.

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: Loving it so far.

up next:

The Writing Life, by Annie Dillard. I read a collection of her short stories years ago, and her writing is enchanting.

Left Behind: A co-worker of mine hates reading, and this is the only book he has ever in his life finished. He read the entire series. I'm intrigued.

Black like Me: I've heard really good things about this one.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Black like me was very interesting, but not in the novel kind of way.

Bexie Funk said...

I almost got you the last one! And I can't wait to read Ender's game.

Lindsey said...

Thanks! I will have plenty of time to read.