Sunday, January 03, 2010

big events of 2009

1. I loved every stinking book I read this summer. Usually I order 4 books at a time and read the first chapter of each until I find one that grabs me. For some reason, this year I couldn't decide which to start with because they were all so awesome. That in itself makes 2009 a successful year.


2. Dubai. Rome.

3. Skiing. I am a total pansy, but still love it with all my heart.

4. As it turns out, I am totally the best Santa ever. My kids are going to be SO lucky to have me around.

5. My first half-marathon. This year it's my goal to actually follow a training schedule for one of these. Just to see if it improves my time at all.

6. Ragnar. Quite possibly the best two days of the year.

7. Starting a successful book club. This month is The Great Gatsby, which I have already finished (and thoroughly enjoyed) and next month is Ender's Game, which I have started and am already in love with. Sci-fi is not my typical genre, but this one is heartwrenching. I'm already in love with Ender.

5 comments:

Graytoppop said...

Really exciting! Have a great 2010...

Bexie Funk said...

i think i'll have to get ender's game now. you give great recommendations! and we still need to talk about dragoon tattoo.

Graytoppop said...

How about the books that didn't stink. Did you like them as well?

Lindsey said...

I finally got a library card, so keep putting up book reviews!

Charlo said...

I'm not into sci fi either, but I loved ender when I read it at liberty square. I listened to it with brett and his sister when we drove down to california for tg... and it was also excellent on audio. I remember Ender's shadow also being pretty good... maybe I will re read that one.