I turned 29 last Sunday. Having a birthday is pretty fun when it gets you a brand-new Garmin wristwatch! With a heart rate monitor. I think that alone makes it worth living another year.
In honor of turning 29, I made a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. (Which happens in a year.)
I was going to make it a goal to only own clothes that fit in my closet. (I have a tendency to buy too many clothes on sale. Sometimes my closet overflows.) Bethany told me I can own as many clothes as I want and still consider myself a responsible adult. That's why she's a great sister. So I crossed this one off the list. Bring on the outlet malls!
Instead, I included the following goals (among others):
1. Keep my book club going the whole year. Apparently the trick to getting people to show up is making almond macaroons. Apparently that's also the trick to getting Katelyn to be your friend.
2. Read at least 30 books. (easy.)
3. Run a marathon. (anyone want to join me?)
4. Go on an international trip. I'm waiting for someone to invite me somewhere cool. I think it'll happen. I'm fun.
5. Get a massage. (Merry Christmas to me!!)
6. Go skiing (check)
7. Buy a bike (so I can do a triathlon)
8. Go camping at least twice this summer.
It's going to be a good year.