Wednesday, May 06, 2009

happenings


One of our students brought some sea monkeys to school a few weeks ago, and they have since been living in my classroom. The male sea monkeys grew (very noticeable) testicles last week which has been a source of never-ending entertainment for my students. (So glad I don't teach health.)

The mud run a few weeks ago was quite fun, but not nearly as muddy as the Roanoke run.




I did not win Iron Chef April. I thought for sure I would, but no luck. However, the peanut butter fondue was a little piece of heaven in a bowl. Next month's ingredient: potatoes. I need to find a winner. Sweet potato ice cream, maybe? Who knows.



My students take their AP exam on Monday. My job is just about done.

7 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

well you have to admit - the sea monkeys really are a great conversation piece - especially to teenagers.

erica s said...

Sea monkeys are so much grosser when placed under a microscope! ewww!

The mud run looks more like a water run.

Bexie Funk said...

teenagers are so weird. i'm WAY impressed with the iron chef winner! i'm not nearly creative enough to win one.

Lindsey said...

i had no idea that sea monkeys had testicles. I still can't see them.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Lindsey, I thought you knew everything about animals. Take a closer look. I'm sure you'll find them.

Bexie Funk said...

shady i can even see them its gross.

Emily Hamilton said...

I never knew sea monkeys could grow testicles like that!! Wow!

P.S. We need to go shopping again. :) I want to try your cooking. Yum!