Sunday, February 22, 2009

update

because it's been a while.

1. Swim team is officially over. I got thrown in the pool. Twice. I was ready for the first one and wore my swimsuit. I was not prepared the second time. All I can say is, it's a really good thing the other coach brought me some clothes to change into. Really. If I had to drive the bus home in 20 degree weather in soaking wet clothes, somebody would have died.

2. Track season starts Tuesday. I bought myself a new pair of pants to wear to practices. They're awesome. I'm actually a little excited about track.

3. Today was our first monthly Iron Chef: Connecticut Ave competition. Everyone made a different dish that somehow incorporated strawberries and we all voted on the winner. The meal was surprisingly delicious. Katelyn won with her apple/cheese quesadillas with strawberry dipping sauce. So good.

4. Ryan came over and offered to carry my strawberries and banana concoction to the dinner. Then he claimed it as his own. Charming.

5. I bought a plane ticket to visit Ashley in Dallas. It's going to be awesome.

6. I'm going to see the Peking acrobats on Friday. We have great seats.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

The Iron Chef competition sounds fun! The getting thrown in the pool on a cold winters day does not.

Bexie Funk said...

iron chef! that's cool, when are you doing to dallas?

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

You are officially a teacher of teenagers -- and a great one at that!!