Monday, February 09, 2009

stretch

So, good news. This is our last week of swim practice.


Which means we have had some super productive practices recently. Ahem.

So, my kids have been wondering if it's really possible to fit an entire person inside of a swim cap. Rumor has it, you can. But they just don't seem quite stretchy enough. Now, since I'm an educator and all, and want to encourage curiosity, we obviously had to test it out ourselves. What kind of self-respecting scientist relies on wikipedia to answer these kinds of questions?

Turns out, they are stretchy enough. Awesome.

10 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Ya gotta love teenagers! (most of the time)

MOM THE BOMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bexie Funk said...

I had no idea they were that stretchy. i'm impressed. and i'm sure they think you're the coolest for letting them test it out.

erica s said...

Wow! I barely thought they were stretchy enough to go over my head let alone my entire body.

Charlo said...

In all fairness, that is one of those modern newfangled swim caps, I can tell. the expensive kind. THe opaque ones we used in HS would not have passed that test.

In HS, we were disqualified if we wore caps that had a logo on more than one side,because it is "sponsorship." Didn't know if that was a rule for you guys, but I thought that I would share.

poodle said...

yup, that's a rule. that's why we have special caps with the school's name on them.

MOM THE BOMB said...

This is dad the bad. So what is the material???

Emily Hamilton said...

This hilarious! I had no idea swim caps could do that. Pretty impressive! Looks like a good time!

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Teenagers!! You gotta love em.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Additionally, Brittany is the best teacher in the US of A or the world for that matter. Lucky students!