Tuesday, January 13, 2009

parents

Sometimes I hate parents. Sometimes I love them. Today, I love them, mainly because of this email:

"To the good people who toil with Jake Starke on a daily basis, I wanted you to know that you will be able to ease into your long weekend as I am taking Jake out of school on Friday. I believe that there is one exception that Ms. Reed has taken pity on the little boy and may allow him to take his Physics test Friday during his first period study hall after which we will head north. I apologize for disrespecting the school calendar but I want Jake to think positively about colleges, so we are going to tour some in New York and Vermont. And then go skiing. I gather that I have no standing to take him out at this time so must beg for your mercy. "

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

that is funny. i want to be jake's mom/dad's friend.

MOM THE BOMB said...

nice to have parents with a sense of humor - and who like you alot!