Thursday, January 22, 2009

don't laugh

But I just might be going vegan. I know, I know. Vegans are annoying. And a little bit crazy. (Seriously, how is milking a cow bad for anybody?) But my friend Claire came over tonight (with dinner!) because she's the best visiting teacher ever, and she bore her testimony of how veganism improves your skin 100%. And I will do just about anything for porcelain skin. (Claire also bore her testimony of charity so as not to be sacreligious or anything.)

I still can eat some sushi. And couscous. And sweet potato fries! And Trader Joe's sells vegan cookies, which for me is a must. Plus, it might be a fun experiment. Don't laugh.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Don't forget the honey...it exploits bees you know. Good luck!!

bethy said...

seriously? you are not a true Reed.

Katie said...

Good luck!

It's gonna be hard.

erica s said...

Welcome to the other side! Just kidding, I could never be Vegan. I am so impressed by Claire though. I have given her some bakery recommendations. I will share them with you too. She came and visited us last night too.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Sorry, I'm laughing. Really hard. But not about the "veganism." You make me laugh. (and smile)

Lindsey said...

You are vain. I love you.

Ashley Erin said...

you are weird.

MOM THE BOMB said...

This is DTB. I laughed....

Bexie Funk said...

as long as you don't get all animal rights on me. that's what i can't stand about them. i won't laugh. but i won't hide my yummy food from you either.

Charlo said...

When you have mastered Vegan, here is a list of more diets Brett's mom has sworn by at some time or another during our marriage ( and always 100% organic):

1. Raw.... NOt only are you vegan, but you don't cook your vegetables.

2. Macrobiotic- The yin and yang of food. YOu have to balance the bases and the acids in your food (and probably about 12 other factors) in a certain way every meal.

3.Eat for your blood type- Lists what you can or cannot eat based on your blood type.

4. Try doing all at three at once, because if they all are amazing, just think of what they can do together! (and end up with 2 meal variations).


Have fun, and when you stop feeling better and start feeling sick, it is because your body has finally gotten all the vitamins it craved from that diet, which made it happy, and now it is running out of the nutrients it stored from the other foods you haven't eaten since your diet :)